I have thought a lot about consumerism lately and I tweeted a post by the Feminista Files earlier this week. It just so happened that a cable telemarketer had called the same day I read her post and something she said resonated with my experience: I think part of it is that, as I’ve gotten … Read more
AboutA social worker blog. A cyber-space for my thoughts on social work here in Canada and around the world. My general goal here is to occupy this space with my personal reflections on life, general practice concerns, academia, current events and policies impacting social work. I welcome all social workers and members of the public to view and share their own thoughts on the topics.
- RT @noteey: #PMHarperMustResign YESSS!!!!! #cdnpoli #Canada #VictoriaDay 10 hours ago
- RT @AlfredLam: #PMHarperMustResign because he cut funding to the Health Council of Canada which oversees our Medicare system..l. #cdnpoli 11 hours ago
- RT @VancouverBlues: Comedy website raises $50,000 for anti-Stephen Harper ad ow.ly/ldkT8 #PMHarperMustResign #cdnpoli #bcpoli 11 hours ago
- RT @marygkosta: For plans to cut almost 30,000 government jobs by 2016 #PMHarperMustResign ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/balance-… 11 hours ago
- RT @Bergg69: "Enbridge, Harper & Consequences for Speaking Out" j.mp/13G48HA #cdnpoli #toronto #uspoli #ukpoli #pmharpermustresign 12 hours ago
The original content of this program is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0. Please attribute legal copies of this work to "nechakogal.wordpress.com". Some of the work(s) that this blog incorporates may be separately licensed. For further information or additional permissions please contact me.
Tagsaccessing web addiction British Columbia Business Canada CASW children Conservatives consumerism corporations cutbacks democracy economics environment ethics exploitation Federal government freedom G20 globalization government health human rights internet marilyn waring mental health mental illness neoliberalism Northern politicians politics poverty protest racism Research resources rural social justice Social sciences social work technology United States voting wealth women