I found myself in the cross-hairs of a social worker the other day. This social worker had experienced the Olympics in Vancouver and was outraged about the extravagance she perceived could have been better directed at community and social programs. Adding to her ire, her program had been replaced by another and she was clearly … Read more
AboutA social worker blog. A cyber-space for my thoughts on social work here in Canada and around the world. My general goal here is to occupy this space with my personal reflections on life, general practice concerns, academia, current events and policies impacting social work. I welcome all social workers and members of the public to view and share their own thoughts on the topics.
- RT @EverettColdwell: Globe editorial: The Canadian government’s delaying tactics involving native children are harmful and wrong http://t.c… 4 hours ago
- Hard to believe, even today, that a newspaper published this insipid dreck. bit.ly/16PKvQq #cdnpoli 4 hours ago
- Harper in Peru supporting streamlining of environmental assessments for mining projects. bit.ly/186gMTQ #cdnpoli 7 hours ago
- RT @ColbertReport: The Koch brothers are trying to use their @PBS influence to stop the "Citizen Koch" documentary from airing. @ComedyCent… 7 hours ago
- via Slashdot: A shockingly long list of assaults on science by CAN government. bit.ly/186dcJm #cdnpoli #PMHarpermustresign 7 hours ago
The original content of this program is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0. Please attribute legal copies of this work to "nechakogal.wordpress.com". Some of the work(s) that this blog incorporates may be separately licensed. For further information or additional permissions please contact me.
Tagsaccessing web addiction British Columbia Business Canada CASW children Conservatives consumerism corporations cutbacks democracy economics environment ethics exploitation Federal government freedom G20 globalization government health human rights internet marilyn waring mental health mental illness neoliberalism Northern politicians politics poverty protest racism Research resources rural social justice Social sciences social work technology United States voting wealth women