I found myself in the cross-hairs of a social worker the other day. This social worker had experienced the Olympics in Vancouver and was outraged about the extravagance she perceived could have been better directed at community and social programs. Adding to her ire, her program had been replaced by another and she was clearly … Read more
AboutA social worker blog. A cyber-space for my thoughts on social work here in Canada and around the world. My general goal here is to occupy this space with my personal reflections on life, general practice concerns, academia, current events and policies impacting social work. I welcome all social workers and members of the public to view and share their own thoughts on the topics.
- Obama takes on income inequality "We're better than this". n.pr/18boehW #economics #thereishope 2 hours ago
- I find it hard to fathom the thought of encouraging someone to commit suicide. bit.ly/190NzK7 #socialwork 1 day ago
- Another NDP plan we hope the CPC steal to try to save themselves. bit.ly/190N82h #cdnpoli #environment 1 day ago
- RT @Canadian_SW: Random thought. I think all high school course should include 1) A personal finance course B) Intro to early child hood de… 4 days ago
- Scientists seek non-invasive way to study our brain chemistry. bit.ly/18SucCT 4 days ago
The original content of this program is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0. Please attribute legal copies of this work to "nechakogal.wordpress.com". Some of the work(s) that this blog incorporates may be separately licensed. For further information or additional permissions please contact me.
- accessing web addiction BCASW British Columbia Business Canada CASW Child protection children commondreams.org community Conservative Conservatives consumerism corporations cutbacks democracy diagnosis Diaspora dissent economic economics Elizabeth May environment ethics exploitation facebook Federal government feminism freedom G20 genetically modified food globalization government Harper health health care homelessness Homelessness in Canada human rights IFSW internet john perkins marilyn waring mental health mental illness neoliberalism Northern obama oil spill online journal pipeline politicians politics poverty practice privacy protest racism Research resources rural Site C Dam social justice Social sciences social work software stigma technology unions United States voting wealth women youth