“If protesting is meaningless … what can we do to create a more just society?” asked DePape, the young parliamentary page who was fired today after a simple display of protest against the current government who were given a majority by only 1 in 4 Canadian voters. DePape can take comfort in the knowledge that … Read more
AboutA social worker blog. A cyber-space for my thoughts on social work here in Canada and around the world. My general goal here is to occupy this space with my personal reflections on life, general practice concerns, academia, current events and policies impacting social work. I welcome all social workers and members of the public to view and share their own thoughts on the topics.
- Let us not forget Harper was a founding member of the Northern Foundation. bit.ly/1blrIcz #cdnpoli #hypocrisy 1 day ago
- RT @PrairieStorm2: Canada’s government debt problem: The numbers just don’t add up natpo.st/1g4Byre via @fpcomment #cdnpoli #ableg #w… 1 day ago
- RT @BBCNewsGraphics: Nelson Mandela 1918-2013 - Full special report with archive video, photos and features bbc.co.uk/news/world-afr… http://t… 1 day ago
- Obama takes on income inequality "We're better than this". n.pr/18boehW #economics #thereishope 2 days ago
- I find it hard to fathom the thought of encouraging someone to commit suicide. bit.ly/190NzK7 #socialwork 3 days ago
The original content of this program is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0. Please attribute legal copies of this work to "nechakogal.wordpress.com". Some of the work(s) that this blog incorporates may be separately licensed. For further information or additional permissions please contact me.
- accessing web addiction BCASW British Columbia Business Canada CASW Child protection children commondreams.org community Conservative Conservatives consumerism corporations cutbacks democracy diagnosis Diaspora dissent economic economics Elizabeth May environment ethics exploitation facebook Federal government feminism freedom G20 genetically modified food globalization government Harper health health care homelessness Homelessness in Canada human rights IFSW internet john perkins marilyn waring mental health mental illness neoliberalism Northern obama oil spill online journal pipeline politicians politics poverty practice privacy protest racism Research resources rural Site C Dam social justice Social sciences social work software stigma technology unions United States voting wealth women youth