The taken for granted influence of corporations such as Enbridge are weakening in the face of their critics, such as those against the Northern Gateway (see also the real cost of Northern Gateway). Our voices are rising up against, as David Suzuki tells it, corporations race to the bottom line where “… corporations often go … Read more
AboutA social worker blog. A cyber-space for my thoughts on social work here in Canada and around the world. My general goal here is to occupy this space with my personal reflections on life, general practice concerns, academia, current events and policies impacting social work. I welcome all social workers and members of the public to view and share their own thoughts on the topics.
- Let us not forget Harper was a founding member of the Northern Foundation. bit.ly/1blrIcz #cdnpoli #hypocrisy 15 hours ago
- RT @PrairieStorm2: Canada’s government debt problem: The numbers just don’t add up natpo.st/1g4Byre via @fpcomment #cdnpoli #ableg #w… 15 hours ago
- RT @BBCNewsGraphics: Nelson Mandela 1918-2013 - Full special report with archive video, photos and features bbc.co.uk/news/world-afr… http://t… 1 day ago
- Obama takes on income inequality "We're better than this". n.pr/18boehW #economics #thereishope 1 day ago
- I find it hard to fathom the thought of encouraging someone to commit suicide. bit.ly/190NzK7 #socialwork 2 days ago
The original content of this program is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0. Please attribute legal copies of this work to "nechakogal.wordpress.com". Some of the work(s) that this blog incorporates may be separately licensed. For further information or additional permissions please contact me.
- accessing web addiction BCASW British Columbia Business Canada CASW Child protection children commondreams.org community Conservative Conservatives consumerism corporations cutbacks democracy diagnosis Diaspora dissent economic economics Elizabeth May environment ethics exploitation facebook Federal government feminism freedom G20 genetically modified food globalization government Harper health health care homelessness Homelessness in Canada human rights IFSW internet john perkins marilyn waring mental health mental illness neoliberalism Northern obama oil spill online journal pipeline politicians politics poverty practice privacy protest racism Research resources rural Site C Dam social justice Social sciences social work software stigma technology unions United States voting wealth women youth